Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Case of the Missing Keys

"When all but one possible location of the car keys has been eliminated, the remaining possible location, no matter how implausible, must be where the car keys are." Such were my thoughts as I peered into the depths of the dishwasher. Yet, astoundingly, no keys.

When I reached up to scratch my pate in bewilderment, I nearly disemboweled my eye with my car keys. I'd made an elementary blunder: the keys had been in my hand the entire time.

It was only after I left the house, nearly 20 minutes late for work, that I recalled that I ordinarily bicycle to the office.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your eye is emboweled in the first place? How foul! I think most of us non-sleuthians have a delightfully sterile vitreous fluid...

Lance Sleuthe said...

I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about, and neither does Watley. And he served as a medical doctor in the Crimean War!