Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Case of the Leaked Cases

A good detective makes use of all available data, and so do I. Ipso facto, yesterday when I was working on "The Case of My Missing Socks", I decided to check out this Google thing that all the other detectives are talking about down at the Detective Club. You'd be surprised how much there is to learn about socks, with the single exception, apparently, of where mine are. At that moment I was blinded by a brilliant insight: if Lance Sleuthe couldn't find his socks on the internet, perhaps his socks could find Lance Sleuthe on the internet. (It's the kind of insight that separates me from the other detectives.)

Entering "Lance Sleuthe" in the Google search box turned up surprising results, however. A number of my most fascinating cases are described in excruciating detail here. Yet the author appears to be a mendicant of the highest order. Many sections are riddled with inaccuracies, and the others make me look like a fool. I can only hope that the intelligent reader will be able to make out the difference.

In the meantime, I will have to have a word with Watley. As the only other person who was present during the leaked cases, he may well know something about the nefarious perpetrator. A shame he's such a dimwit.

No comments: